Air Sealing is a high-impact energy efficiency upgrade. Whenever there is a difference in air temperature between the inside of your home and the outside, you will have air trying to escape or enter your home caused by pressure. Common leaks are typically found in gaps around electrical and plumbing chases, gaps in door frames, gaps around chimneys, top plates, and other areas throughout your home. Air should enter and leave your home the same way it came in; through proper ventilation.
Advantages of air sealing:
- Significantly cut annual heating and cooling costs by reducing the load on your HVAC system.
- Improve building durability/prevent moisture problems
- Improve indoor air quality by reducing the transfer of allergens from the unconditioned spaces to living areas within in the home.
- Prolong the life of your HVAC system
- Decrease the size of heating and cooling equipment required, which saves money on upfront equipment costs as well as long-term operating costs
- Improve comfort of home.
Reduce Your Energy Costs
Air sealing can reduce energy cost on average of 20% in the typical home making it one of the most cost efficient solutions available.
Did you know?
Fiberglass insulation acting alone is too light to stop air leakage. All fiberglass insulation applications should be accompanied with proper air sealing.